Install Highslide on Magento
Follow the simple steps below and you will be using Highslide in no time.
NOTICE: Backup everything before you start editing!
- Download the latest version of Highslide from Highslide.com
- Login to your Magento admin and disable the cache under System > Cache Management
- Unzip the Highslide package and upload highslide-full.js and the graphics folder to:
- Upload highslide.css to:
- Open your theme's page.xml file located in:
- Add: the following XML after line 53 inside the <block type="page/html_head" name="head" as="head"> block:
- Save and upload page.xml
- Open media.phtml in:
- Add the Highslide JS call and config script to the top of media.phtml just below the Magento license information (around line 33):
- Remove the class product-image-zoom from the <p> tag that wraps the main product image on line 63.
- Add a link to the large product main image around the main image code (around line 65):
- Update the links around the thumbnails to call Highslide (Line 95):
- That should do it! Save and upload your media.phtml file and refresh your product page. You should now have a beautiful Highslide gallery.
Manual installation too tough? Try our Highslide Plugin for Magento!